2024-07-31

Who do Jews call pigs?

I think that is a valid question.

I was a (graduate) student at Brandeis University from September 1967 to January 1973.

There was a certain subset of the, probably undergraduate, student body there that rather noisily asserted that 
"Cops are pigs".

I wondered why they said that.
My later reading gave a plausible answer.
By demonizing the forces ensuring social order, 
they were also demonizing those who benefitted from the then-prevailing social order.

So accusing "Cops are pigs"
was just a way of demonizing the social order.

Now fast-forward to 2024.
Who really is a pig?
Just take a look at:
Barbara Butch https://g.co/kgs/jb5UD9m

Who happens to be Jewish.
An interesting question, for me anyhow:
Will the Jews who called cops pigs 
call Barbara Butch a pig?

More broadly, 
if there are people in 2024 who call cops pigs,
but do not call Barbara Butch a pig,
just what does "pig" mean to them?