2024-07-31

Giving credit, stealing credit

There is an old value,
"Giving credit where credit is due."

I was a young person in the 1950s, 
attending public school from 1951 to 1963.
Who educated me?
White women. 
They were my teachers.
And I thank them for their help in educating me.
But that was in Wilkinsburg PA and Florissant MO.

Now, let us consider Arlington County, VA.
Who taught the children of Arlington in the 20C?
I don't have a demographic study, but I am almost certain it was predominantly white women.

But who gets the credit for educating the children?
Well, if you know anything about Arlington, you can guess who gets the credit.
A black woman.
See 
Syphax Education Center https://g.co/kgs/atCMHpj

Yes, that is the current Arlington way.
Denying credit to whites, 
glorifying blacks.
That is the reality.