2024-07-04

My view on what Joe should do

Say:

"I got it.
I am simply too old to be president.
As we get older, our facilities lapse.

So I will not run for reelection.
Let the Democrats decide who they want to run as my replacement.

As for me, I will try to be the best grandfather I can be for my grandkids.
When I am not putting my slippered feet on the footstool :-)"


------------

A key factor in determining who wins the 2024 presidential election:

"There is no winning the election for a Democrat without huge Black turnout in places like Milwaukee WI, Detroit MI, Philadelphia PA and Atlanta GA, 
and they don’t believe the Democratic Party or an alternative would get there after shoving her aside — 
especially because none of the other leading contenders are Black.

“I actually don’t think that anybody else other than her would beat Trump because of what you’d lose in the base,” 
said Rep. Gregory Meeks, a New York congressman and senior CBC member."

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/05/politics/kamala-harris-democrats-biden/index.html

You notice the CNN article specifically mentioned the issue of turnout of African-American voters in, e.g., Milwaukee WI.
As it happens, a related issue was the subject of a recent Conservative Treehouse article:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2024/07/03/james-clyburn-visits-10-key-precincts-for-ballot-collection-in-three-wisconsin-cities-madison-milwaukee-beloit-and-no-one-notices/

------

There are numerous clips of Biden stumbling around, verbally.
I don't know how significant these are.


----------

For a claim that the media actively covered up Joe Biden's mental issues, read:

Trump-hating White House media betrayed voters by hiding Biden's alarming condition, and now it could backfire

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trump-hating-white-house-media-betrayed-voters-hiding-bidens-alarming-condition-now-could-backfire

"Reporters were not allowed to communicate with Biden’s physician or see his full medical records, a standard element of White House coverage that has caused drama in every previous administration, but has rarely been refused."


--------------

I have read a number of the comments to the videos (of doctors discussing Biden) in this playlist:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZlQy6FlDBO2kE0-lb1mSa6k1YaxUOYMW

What is striking is the number of commentators who have said something like:

"My parent, or parent-in-law, 
exhibited signs exactly like Biden exhibited in his debate with Trump.
The halting gait, the blank face, the lack of memory, the inability to make an argument to its conclusion.
They had Parkinson's, and their subsequent decline was not pretty."

Now it is said:

"Look, Joe gave a great speech to open the NATO summit."

My response:
The intellectual ability to read a speech from a teleprompter that someone else had written isn't very much.
Being commander-in-chief requires far more than that.

The question for Joe Biden is this:

Does he want to be remembered for his achievements, 
or for his refusal to acknowledge his cognitive decline?